Thursday, May 21, 2009

What to drink, when you can drink it..

That's definitely a burning question. I've already let Rich know that I expect Champagne in the delivery room but which one?

I've long been a fan of Perrier Jouet NV as I find the citrus-sy delicacy and floral component infinitely preferable to the masculine swagger of Bolly and its ilk.

We don't see quite the range of Champagne down here in Nu Zillund so some of the more esoteric examples are going to be in the too hard basket but if anyone would like to make a suggestion as to the perfect fizzy drop to 'wet the babies head', I would be grateful.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Perrier Jouet Bella Epoque sounds like the ticket. Expensive, though the bottle is also so attractive that it could make a great keepsake.

Craig said...

Funny, before I hit reply I was thinking exactly the same as Andrew. Belle Epoque all the way!

Sarah said...

As it turns out Rich brought home a bottle of Bollinger La Grand Annee 1999 and I'm hardly going to complain....