Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tooting My Own Trumpet

It's a peculiarly Nu Zild affliction that crowing about achievement is tantamount to throwing up on someone's shoe.

But I'm obviously in the final throes of pregnancy hormones and as such seem to be glowing in all the right places.

Not that I've actually won anything, yet, and I may not. But my winelist has been nominated for "Outstanding Winelist' at this year's Lewisham Awards (a sort of Oscars for the Auckland hospitality industry) and I'm pleased and proud and glowing that the list I've nutured has a little recognition.

Having said that. It's still not the list I'd love it to be. I've woken up to far too much economic reality over the past year and the romance of writing a crafted, creative list gets dulled by figures and margins.

Still, here it is for scrutiny.

I'm a bit terrified of this bit but here goes........


Wine list

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice list Sarah - particularly like the Champers range and the Hot Reds.

I'll have a bottle of the Salon and follow it with a bottle of the Valli Pinot....